How-to: Replacement of Student’s Pass for NTU Students

For the past several days I had been struggling to get a replacement for my lost Student’s Pass. The process was quite complex if you don’t know what to do and where to go first. So, I like to write a guide to a smooth procedure of getting that replacement because I am sure that you don’t want to waste any of your precious time ( I spent quite a lot of my vacation time on this matter ). Here goes!

What you need:

  • Passport ( with validity period of at least 6 months )
  • A copy of your Passport identity page
  • A recent passport-sized photo of you that meets these requirements:
    •  The photograph must be taken within the last 3 months
    •  The photograph should be in colour, must be taken against a white background with a matt or semi-matt finish
    • The photograph image must show the full face (eyebrows cannot be covered by fringe)and the registrant should be without headgear (headgear worn in accordance with religious or racial customs is acceptable but must not hide the facial features)
  • NETS or NETS Cashcard
  • Matriculation Card
  • A copy of your Student’s Pass
  • Terms & Conditions of Student’s Pass ( STP )


1. Get a police report

Visit the nearest NPP ( Neighborhood Police Post ) with these items with you: Passport, a copy of your Student’s Pass.
Tell them you are reporting for the loss of your Student’s Pass. Answer their questions and follow their procedure.
They will lodge a report and give you the report before you leave.

2. Ask for a certification letter

Visit ISC (for graduate and exchange/non-graduating students) or SAO (for undergraduate students) with these items with you: Passport, Matriculation Card, police report. SAO is inside the SSC building, Level 6.
Below is a map showing where ISC and SSC are located.

Location of the International House and Student Service Centre ( SSC )

Give them the police report and your matriculation card to them. You will be asked to read the information on replacing a loss Student’s Pass from the Immigration and Checkpoints Authority ( ICA ) website if you haven’t read it. You will also be informed about the replacement fee of $100 for the first time you lost it and $300 for any subsequent losses ( DO NOT EVER LOSE IT AGAIN! ). After a while, they will give you the certification letter needed to apply for the replacement at the ICA building.

3. Go to Immigration and Checkpoints Authority ( ICA ) building

The last place you need to go to is the ICA building. Beforehand, get these things in your possession: Passport, Certification Letter, a recent passport-sized photo, a copy of your Passport identity page, NETS or NETS Cashcard with at least $100 in it ( $300 if this is not the first time you lost your Student’s Pass ).

ICA Building
Location of ICA Building

When you arrive at the ICA Building, take the lift to the 4th floor. Find the Miscellaneous Service desk to get a queue ticket. This service is available from 8.00am to 4.00pm from Mondays to Fridays and (except Public Holidays). Hand in the police report, certification letter and your passport to the staff behind the counter. You will be given a queue number and directed to a specific waiting room. Look at the monitor displaying the current queue numbers served in each desk. When your queue number turns out, head to that particular desk. Follow the procedure until they give you the receipt of the replacement fee. You will be asked to return to the ICA building 4 days later to receive the replacement card ( in my case ) with your passport and the same queue ticket. ( Bring the receipt too, you don’t want to risk anything, do you? ).

Note: The ICA building provides photocopy service with $0.15 per copy and take-and-print-photo service with $5 for 4 passport-sized photos. In addition, in case you forget to top-up your NETS Cashcard, there is a 7-11 shop in the Lavender MRT Station where you can top-up your card ( THEY DO NOT RECEIVE CASH PAYMENT ).



Author: Arga Roh Sahrijal Saragih

I love to learn. I love to code. I love to read. Gonna be a professional Software Engineer. Happy to sing and to write. Enjoy a good company. Prefer tea. Manage an online library at

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s